Thank you to Irene from My slice of Mexico for including me in her nominations for the Liebster Award. I love Irene’s posts about Mexican culture and Mexican food! She always includes interesting snippets about Mexico that bring her posts to life. And her step by step photos add wonderful color and clarity. Visit her site and take a look.
The Liebster Award was originally given to blogs with fewer than 2000 readers, but has gained such popularity that it is now for blogs with 200 readers or less. But this is an arbitrary number and can be given to blogs regardless of its size.
The rules of the Liebster Award as provided by Irene are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Here are Irene’s questions: Are you…
1) Half-full-glass or half-empty-glass person?
Strangely enough I was just telling one of my colleagues the other day that I’m a half-glass-full kinda gal! And it’s just as well because this week I received news that has really challenged my thinking and it has been a bit of a struggle to keep my chin up.
2) Driver or passenger?
No doubt about it – a driver! In everything. My LinkedIn profile states that “I drive delivery relentlessly”. I drive my team to deliver on time with great quality. I’ve also been told that I drive my car like a man – this by a man who could not hide the admiration in his voice 😆
3) Fish in the water or land lover?
Ah! I love the sea, but I nearly drowned three times and although I learnt to swim as an adult, the last time I tried to snorkel I panicked and had to be scooped back onto the boat. But I always holiday by the sea. I find the sound of the waves lapping the beach calming and I always sleep better by the sea.
4) Early or late person?
I’ve tried really hard to be an early bird. When I was training to run marathons, I had no choice and use to rise at 5am six days a week for those mandatory early morning runs. But I really am a late person by nature. I am the last in the family to go to sleep at night and the last to get out of bed in the mornings.
Your Favourite things:
5) Food and beverage(s)
I love all kinds of food. When I was asked once what I would choose for my last meal, I said that I would have a last help yourself buffet 😋
My favorite tipple is red wine, which I drink very occasionally these days. I also love a gin and elderflower cocktail 🍹
6) Sport(s) (play or watch)
I used to play a lot of sport at school, but that was decades ago! I ran marathons for about 10 years (the longest was the Comrades at 92km) and stopped when I had my daughter. My favorite sport at school was field hockey and it is still my sport of choice to watch. But I also love to watch athletics, swimming, tennis and soccer. These days the most I can muster are a few leisurely walks!
7) Movie genre(s)
I don’t watch a lot of movies, but when I do, I would choose comedy.
8) Fictional character(s)
My all time favorite is Hermione from Harry Potter. I wish I were her 😂
I have had a pet dog almost all my life. And my favorite breed is the German Shepherd. We currently have a male GSD and a female Belgium Shepherd cross. Both adorable!
10) Day of the week
Saturdays, because they hold the promise of leisurely Sundays☺️
11) Do you like Math? (hee-hee, get it?)
Love math! And yes, very clever Irene! I’m not particularly good at it any more, but I find numbers and patterns absolutely fascinating.
Eleven Random Thoughts:
1) Gratitude is underrated;
2) I hate growing old;
3) Family can be annoying;
4) Why is it so difficult to lose weight?
5) Sleep is overrated;
6) Pregnant women look so cute;
7) It’s sooo hot;
8) Intermittent fasting rocks;
9) Life can be so unfair;
10) I want to make a difference;
11) I can keep going but won’t!
I don’t have many readers, and those who do are mostly not new bloggers, so please forgive me if I have nominated you and you feel that you do not qualify. I would feel honored if you did respond but absolutely no obligation!
1) I am Jessica – site
2) Daneelyunus – site
3) Laundry and Dishes – site
4) Robyn, Autism in our nest – site
5) In Diane’s Kitchen – site
6) Jo- Creative PTSD Gal – site
7) Crushedcaramel – site
8) Donna Matthews DJ Ranch – site
1) What makes you smile?
2) Your most memorable meal?
3) What did you enjoy most on your last vacation?
4) Your favorite person in the whole world?
5) If you could start over, what would you choose to do with your life?
6) If you had a million dollars to give away to charity, which charity would you choose and why?
7) What do you do best?
8) Title of your book?
9) Which artiste would you bring back from the dead to sing at your next birthday, and what song would they sing?
10) Besides everything with a heartbeat, what else would you save from fire?
11) Which question did you most enjoy answering?
Thanks for reading through to the end! I hope you enjoyed my ramblings as much as I enjoyed writing them ☺️